Would appreciate midi controller suggestions in $200 to $400 range

musicmachine

Looking to upgrade my current setup. I am not a keyboard player and will use it mostly to add virtual instruments to my songwriting, mostly pop, some theatrical/orchestral, even a little synth here & there. Does not need to be 88 key, have drum pads, or all the bells & whistles. Would just like a good solid performer more or less in that price range. Your opinions are appreciated even if only on brands & not specific model numbers.

I've got a Midiman Oxygen 8. It's kinda oldschool by now,..but does the trick for me.
You can probably grab one used or maybe even a new unopened one online for $100.00 U.S.D. or less. I paid $65.00 for mine about 7 years ago, and it was only taken out of the box to take pictures of it for the auction.

Just make sure if you do buy a used midi controller.. you get the software driver cd that comes with it. (though you can most likely download a newer later version of the software on the company's site)

Other than that,...If you only need to control soft synths by playing keys,..you can hook up almost any keyboard with midi port available (example: a cheap Yamaha Portasound) to your interface if it has a midi port on it.

Back