Worst Piece(s) of Gear You've Purchased

I like the M-Audio mobile pre. It got me by for about 1 year, than I upgraded to a Boss Br-1600Cd.

I really dislike Digitech pedals and Zoom pedals.
Digitech and DOD Bullsh*t breaks too easily.

Matt

POD and Flextone XL2. Thought they were awesome...................until I played through a tube amp! Line 6 are very cheaply made and not worth the money. Don't believe me, try gigging with one for a year. Plastic input jacks break (you have to unsolder old one from circuit board and resolder new ones, hours of fun!) "film strips" for the wah and volume pedals snap. Just total junk!

recording wise, I've spent a lot of time on this board researching and reading and reading before going to the store and doing the ear test so no bad buys there.

Years ago I remeber buying a Peavy Bandit 65W I think it was...that thing just sucked. The fart channel sounded like bees on helium fighting in a jam jar

As far as the behringer stuff goes I have an HA4700 headphone amp that does a decent enough job for the price and a V-Amp Pro that nothing else on the market can touch for the price. If you get in past the presets there's some killer guitar sounds in there

Peavey Bandit ... that's the worst piece of gear I ALMOST bought!! I was this close to buying it before I spotted a 2nd-hand Fender Performer in the corner of the shop, and everything changed ... my first Fender clean sound.

INoisedude, I traded it later further down the line for an all tube Ashton Viper 50 50W combo...that thing shreaded. Sold it years ago when I was out of work and never seen one since. 8(

no pics but I found a review... Ashton Viper 50

What I'd give to have it back

Last edited:
Alec ... sounds like a good piece of business - til you sold it again, that is. Sorry you can't find another. Are you the guy responsible for that Rally song I have kicking about on my harddisk? It's very catchy.

noisedude said:
Alec ... sounds like a good piece of business - til you sold it again, that is. Sorry you can't find another. Are you the guy responsible for that Rally song I have kicking about on my harddisk? It's very catchy.

I was the bass player and main song writer with Rally for years...the scottish Rally, there's a German band of the same name. We done 6 studio tracks between 96 and 98 and another 20 or so on the Daw...first one was a P90Mhz with 48Meg of ram

Has to be Daydreaming, Now & then or Blameless (latter on the Daw)

Drop me a PM Noisedude, I haunted Leeds for 3 years while my girlfriend studied at the Uni there

I actually don't mind the C1000s on my hi-hat. Worst thing I bought so far was the Presonus 2-channel comp/limiter (can't even remember the model number it was out of my rack so fast).

A Soldano Reverb-O-Sonic. I have played Peaveys and Crate amps that I would rather have. I couldn't find a single usable sound from it. It just sucked. It is the worst thing I have ever used in my life. I can't see how those people charge what they do for that piece of crap.

H2H

A packard bell computer at Best Buy.

Useful only in the sense that I will never buy any HP or related pc ever again.

A packard bell computer at Best Buy.

Useful only in the sense that I will never buy any HP or related pc ever again.
That's fine, but Packard Bell computers have nothing to do w/ HP Computers....

turnitdown said:
That's fine, but Packard Bell computers have nothing to do w/ HP Computers....

I figured Hewlett Packard and Packard Bell were related somewhat..

Who cares. They both suck anyway.

I like my HP printer - best £30 I ever spent on computer stuff. But Packard Bell ... man that stuff is WRONG!

Pre sonus blue max comp. It was ok till I got out of kindergarten recording. Now I've graduated up to 3rd grade! Woo-hoo! :)
Peace..........Kel

Back