Workstation Desk

FunkDaddy

Moving my home studio. Need a new desk to set it all up in the new room. I have a Fantom X8 (read: heavy ass keyboard). Basically I need something that can hold the PC keyboard above or below the Fantom. Right now I have 2 desks set in a corner but the new room is going to have a bit less room and I want to pare it down to just one desk.

Any suggestions? I'm handy enough that I could modify a standard computer desk I think. Also, any links to manufacturers? I've tried searching a few different keywords but can't seem to find much.

ive posted this before to the same question. i got this top, legs and keyboard drawer from Ikea for around $60
vegas079.jpg

If you're wanting to keep one of the desks you already have you can buy a sliding keyboard tray at your local computer store. Then you just gotta screw it into the bottom of the desktop (assuming it's wood).

dude, poast a LANK.
did you get those stand things for your monitors at ikea too?

the stands are actually from Michals Arts and Crafts, they are stools or something. they were around $7 each, i couldnt pass it up. it seemed to look better than a shoe box with a few magazines on the left and an old wood box on the right

ive posted this before to the same question. i got this top, legs and keyboard drawer from Ikea for around $60
vegas079.jpg

Nice...I might just do something like that.

If you're wanting to keep one of the desks you already have you can buy a sliding keyboard tray at your local computer store. Then you just gotta screw it into the bottom of the desktop (assuming it's wood).

Yeah, the ones I have are in pretty rough shape but I might do that, just find a nice solid desk (my dad has a few he's looking to get rid of) and modify accordingly.

Thanks guys :)

Back