Working with drum sample loops

grahammk1

Hello, I hope this makes sense:
I have started trying to sync analog audio drum loops in Ableton 8 using the Follow Action facility.
I am working in Session view
Problem - I have a "lead-in" sample triggering a main beat loop, but there is a time gap between the lead-in and the main loop starting. Probably obvious, but how do I get the main beat to start immediately after the lead-in loop finishes?
Thanks in advance

Hello, I hope this makes sense:
I have started trying to sync analog audio drum loops in Ableton 8 using the Follow Action facility.
I am working in Session view
Problem - I have a "lead-in" sample triggering a main beat loop, but there is a time gap between the lead-in and the main loop starting. Probably obvious, but how do I get the main beat to start immediately after the lead-in loop finishes?
Thanks in advance

There are a couple of different ways to get Ableton to do loops. This is just one way, if you want the loop to play say, 4 bars, but there is a two bar lead in. Set the play back area to start at measure one, and your loop indicator to loop at bar three. That is one way, another way is to automatically take one clip, launch and after completion, launch the clip afterward. Yet another way is using a MIDI loop for launching clips.

There are 1000's of videos on youtube (that is how I learned most of this), and they can really help you get the most out of Ableton. It has a lot of features especially in regards to loop manipulation.

Hope this helps.

I've never been able to get a good drum loop customized for my song.

perhaps because i dont spend enough time on it,.

its a matter of time and money

how much should one spend?

The problem is, what kind of drum loop are you talking about. There are MIDI loops, you can build a drum kit, map it to MIDI. You can build a sample kits (using sampler and kit build), map it to MIDI, you could just do drum hits (literal drum hits), take a few types, group then together and mix it at the group level.

A loop in Ableton just isn't a "loop" that is the beauty of the software.

Back