working with auralex mineral fiber

aquaman

Anyone worked with Auralex Mineral Fiber? I was thinking of buying some because it seems the best mix of price, effectiveness and ease of purchase. I hope to construct a small partition to record vocals in and cut down on wall reflections. I have read, I believe on the Auralex site, that it can work in place of foam but they don't say what it's like to work with. Any ideas?
Thanks.

aquaman said:
Anyone worked with Auralex Mineral Fiber? I was thinking of buying some because it seems the best mix of price, effectiveness and ease of purchase. I hope to construct a small partition to record vocals in and cut down on wall reflections. I have read, I believe on the Auralex site, that it can work in place of foam but they don't say what it's like to work with. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Probs get more/better responses asking in the building forum. The auralex is probably overpriced for what it is. Rigid fiberglass is cheaper and works much better.

Sorry. I did not realize there was a building forum. I read many posts about mic booths in this forum so I thought it would get replies. I'll post it in the appropriate place.
Thanks.

Back