Word clock upsampling / conversion

timkroeger

Custom Title User
Is there an easy / cheap way to have a 48kHz word clock signal upsampled/converted to a 96kHz signal?

Right now I have set up my DAW with my Timeline Micro Lynx synchronizer to sync a tape machine in the near future (it's just syncing the internal time code generator for now). I'm planning to use the DAW as master and control the synchronizer via MTC so the tape deck will chase the synchronizer's internal time code generator on SMPTE. In order to get a really tight lock, I need to have the synchronizer talk back to the audio interface via word clock for sample position feedback. The thing is, the micro lynx only supports sample rates up to 48000Hz and although I have a few projects recorded at 48k, I also have some at 96k. I could also let the DAW chase the synchronizer via MTC and word clock but I'd need to upconvert whatever I do.

I have seen some units which I think may be able to do what I want, like the Lucid GENX192 ($729.00) or the Drawmer M CLOCK PLUS ($1,725.00). Are there any units that are a little less expensive? I just need kind of a word clock frequency doubler. I hope I'm making any sense.

Cheers
Tim

Back