woo hoo!

guitar junkie

Guitar User.
So I have been a longtime listener to The Project Studio Network podcast, which has been on hiatus for something close to 2 years and I sort of forgot that I had entered to win a Nady RSM 4 ribbon mic... Well I got word today that I somehow am the winner!

Anyway the mic is a Joly Modded edition and now I am starting to get sort of embarrassed by my preamps... I have only used the preamps in my firepod which is down for repairs by presonus at the moment... I have used an Art Tube MP that I got but it died. My Behringer Ultragain Pro.... Same thing...

I liked the Art a fair amount and after having swapped out a tube it worked really well!

Now I am thinking I need something on a really tight budget (being broke sucks out loud) but I am hoping for low noise and pretty beefy gain staging... Any ideas? I am going to be tracking cello and most likely vocals.

Arguably the Firepod is quiet enough, if their -125dBu unweighted EIN spec is accurate. But it's broken at the moment?

The Fethead doesn't have a published noise spec, so . . .

Sorry for the long delay here, got my week screwed up by working second shift for a week. Mic came and boy does it sound massive! I bought a $30 ART pre till I can spend serious money on a nicer rig... My firepod is broken down at the moment but PreSonus offered a reasonable repair rate to get it fixed up so I will be sending it off soon to get it back up and rolling.

Still may pick up a DMP3 sometime if one turns upat the right price.

I had one of those $30 Art Tube MP things. The DMP3 is WAAAAAY better. They pop up on craigslist every now and then in the $100 - $120-ish zone. The meters are pretty useless, but it doesn't affect the rest of the units usability.

Back