Won't make six.

up-fiddler

Taming the World--for now
Hey all - Nine more days will mark the end of my fifth year here at HR. In that time I have hung out in a few of the forums but the primary reason I kept coming back was the Songwriters Forum. The people I met here were rowing the same boat I was. They were helpful and I tried to reciprocate. Lately I have seen a culture change here in the songwriters area. Threads like the atheist songs, the voice hate/like, and delusional rock are more akin to social networks than songwriting. For my part, even worse are some of the 'serious' lyric threads. I understand the need in our worlds, both real and online, for humor. Some of the song threads have been beyond humorous. They have been ludicrous and mocking in my opinion.

I ask each of you this; please don't misunderstand my intent from the tone of the post thus far. I am not suggesting that this new and present culture doesn't belong here. It has every right to be here as long as the participants follow the bbs rules and regs. They deserve a place here just as I do.

It isn't a matter of what is right or wrong. It is a condition of what is right for me and this isn't it. Soon I will take up residence in a forum that better fits my needs and style. (I will finish the Challenge since I committed to it.) Then I will leave. In the meantime I extend my thanks and great appreciation for the mods who work tirelessly on this board and the friends I have made in the last five years. Keep composin', Dave. aka up-fiddler

That is a shame you are leaving.
I havent been on this board for long but I appreciate the feedbacks you gave both me and others

Sorry to see you leave Dave. I have enjoyed your comments, talent, and humor and want you to know you will be missed.

Charlie

This news makes me sad.:(

If you don't mind sending me a pm about where you're heading I'd appreciate it. Maybe I'll join you there.:cool:

It is a condition of what is right for me and this isn't it. Soon I will take up residence in a forum that better fits my needs and style.

Dave, your decision is a big loss to our forum. You (and Gecko) are viewed as the senior statesmen here. Your ideas, opinions, and contributions really matter. The forum won't be the same without you.

With that said, I completely understand your point of view and comments about the state of the forum. I thought the decision to merge "songwriting" with "singing and vocals" was a mistake; one that I wish HomeRecording.com would reconsider. I think the merger decision led to the change in the forum's atmosphere that you've observed, at least in part.

I ask you to reconsider your decision, but if you don't, I will respect your choice.

FWIW, I think you have a tremendous amount of talent, Dave, and I want to personally thank you for the encouragement, support, and ideas you have given me over the past couple of years. I know I don't have a lot of talent, but you still made me feel welcomed here. Thanks! :)

Cheers,
Joseph :)

Back