Won at auction!

Michael Jones

I think I just got one hell of a deal!
I won this Otari MTR10 at auction for $227.00

Now, I have to pay for shipping from New Mexico, but even if that's $400, it still seems like a great deal.
I've seen these go for $1800.00 and up.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• otarimtr10.jpg
    otarimtr10.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 347
Henri Devill said:
227.00 ...nice deal !How are the heads?
He says they're in excellent shape with low hours.
I don't have a shot of the heads, but it doesn't look abused.

Attachments

• otari2.jpg
    otari2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 310
You are so going to get tired of this sitting around, high maintenance costs and where are you going to get replacements heads, not to mention parts for repairs. You should just sell it to me now and not have the headache...

Great grab, I'm jealous if that makes you feel better..I sincerely hope it does. :D

I just got my invoice from the seller; $165 for crating and shipping.
That brings my total to $392!
I'm pretty stoked, you can't touch a cheap analog deck for under $400!

I'm coming to Bastrop in August for a recording project...why don't you take it out there & then I can bring it back to Nac for a couple of months so I can tell you whether it's any good or not?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Ive got a 1/2" 15 ips machine that I thought I would use for mastering...but I still use the hard drive...tape is hard to find here and it cost alot if you find it.

See, That's why you can't finish your studio...Always surfing (and finding :eek: ) those great deals. First it was those damn API pres and now this.... ;)

Congrats and all the best with it.

darrin_h2000 said:
Ive got a 1/2" 15 ips machine that I thought I would use for mastering...but I still use the hard drive...tape is hard to find here and it cost alot if you find it.
Why not buy it on-line?
There's a store here in Austin called "Pro-Tape". Yeah, I know. Catchy name huh?
Anyway 2500' of 1/4" mastering tape (Quantegy 499) runs about $22.
At 30ips thats 16.7 minutes.
The 1/2" runs about double that.
Remember, this isn't for tracking, but for mastering.
Doesn't seem too costly to me.

http://pro-tape.com/Quantegy.htm#audiotape

lpdeluxe said:
I'm coming to Bastrop in August for a recording project...why don't you take it out there & then I can bring it back to Nac for a couple of months so I can tell you whether it's any good or not?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.
Why don't you come by the casa and see how far along we are by then?

Originally posted by Michael Jones: Why don't you come by the casa and see how far along we are by then?

Well, duh, because then I couldn't give it a fair and impartial assessment!

bennychico11 said:
was that on ebay? i love how that site is either awesome, so-so, or crappy.
Yeah, on e-bay.
I found some pretty good deals there; usually anaywhere from 25% - 75% off new or retail.

That is truly beautiful!

That's on the order of a once-in-a-lifetime score. If I were you I'd take the drive from Austin to Albuquerque to pick it up -- see some nice country and have the peace of mind it won't get roughed up in shipping.

Nice find!

:cool:

Ya know, Beck, I thought about that.
I could get a Southwest Airline "Fun Fare" for $49, rent a Ryder, and drive it back.
It would cost more than the shipping, but you're right about having the peace of mind.

Back