Woah dude Cubase is going nuts

Scorge

Going to reformat my entire PC soon and upgrade from Cubase 6.0.7 32-bit to Cubase 7 64-bit... but in the meantime, I haven't been able to work on many projects for longer than several minutes without a crash that destroys Cubase from functioning.

Well essentially I've been getting a whole slew of errors recently from eLincenser telling me that my system finger print isn't valid anymore and that my licenses have been disabled (yet Cubase still opens?), to run-time errors, to BSoD (well the BSoD's stopped a week ago) and now Cubase will randomly just stop responding and quit on me. But here's the weird part!!!

When I go to open up Cubase after it crashes and load a project, everything seems to load normally, except when the project is open the VST/ASIO/Disk performance meter on my CPU reads zero when it is normally bouncing up and down and no audio runs through Cubase at all. Closing and re-opening Cubase does not change a thing, the only option is to restart my PC.
The crashes also reset/delete the preferences on track presets, certain VST plugins, and workspaces.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this sort of thing before?

Crazy stuff man/girl/goat dudes!!!

Zach

Back