?? with recording balance with Cakewalk Music Creator

gtr1963

I have a problem that I hope someone on here might have an answer for. I have a Dell 4550 computer. New, only about 3-4 months old. I installed Cakewalk Music Creator and I am recording with a Boss GT-6 effects processor. The GT-6 has left and right outs that I run into a stereo Y adapter that has a 1/8" stereo adapter for the line in on the Dell. When recording, I cannot get any sound to come from the right speaker. I tried sliding the 'line in' bar to the right in windows volume control and still get no sound from the right side. I'm using a stereo setting for my sound card in Cakewalk. When the computer is running a game, or anything else, the sound comes from both speakers. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andy

I have to ask the obvious first..

Are you sure you haven't got the stereo 1/8" mini-jack plugged into the mic input by mistake?

Have you double checked that the 1/8" mini-jack is plugged all the way in?

Is the stereo "Y" cord known to be good?

Are you sure the GT-6 is putting out a stereo signal?

In the windows mixer, under recording properties, is the line in selected as the source, and is it's balance correct here?

I would suspect the Y cord has some problem. Make sure it's dual mono to one stereo, and deliver signal from both just fine.

...How do I test it, jaymz ?

In Cakewalk, set it to record stereo, then you can arm the track, play the guitar, and watch the input metter. Make sure you see signal on both L & R channel. Otherwise, you need better cable :)

;)
Jaymz

...please consider Pre-ordering Homerecording.Comp CD's Vol 2 :)

Back