Witch Doctor?!?!

Any thoughts on "homeopathy?" I think that's the modern word for Snake Oils, right?

Anywho, we got a new on-site MD at work, and I've been hearing rumors of "fish oil" and "B12" and what not from co-workers. I just need my nose to work again....

What's actually wrong with your nose?

Didn't someone prove that the dosage of the active ingredient in some homeopathic "medicines" was actually less than one atom in a particular sized bottle, which obviously isn't possible.

What's actually wrong with your nose?

Didn't someone prove that the dosage of the active ingredient in some homeopathic "medicines" was actually less than one atom in a particular sized bottle, which obviously isn't possible.

It's actually much less than that. It's the equvalent of one molecule per fully filled olympic sized swimming pool.

But don't forget that each time they dilute, they also strike the 'medicine' 10 times with a wooden paddle to 'improve the memory of the water'...that's the really important bit...

Wy wife takes all sorts of mineral and vitamin supplements (but does not believe in homeopathic medicine). She also gets many major flu/colds every year (probalby due to asthma/COPD). I, on the other hand, don't bother with any of that crap, don't get a flu shot, and usually get, at most 1 flu or major cold episode a year.

LOL At those kinds of ratios'.. the simple placebo effect would be stronger by.. 'about a billion'!
Ha I just noticed it was 'WITCH doctor :>)

Wy wife takes all sorts of mineral and vitamin supplements (but does not believe in homeopathic medicine). She also gets many major flu/colds every year (probalby due to asthma/COPD). I, on the other hand, don't bother with any of that crap, don't get a flu shot, and usually get, at most 1 flu or major cold episode a year.

That's how I am. I'm no anti-vaccer or anything. I just feel like a dumpster fire every time I've had a flu shot, so I don't bother. That's what an immune system is for, if I'm not mistaken.

Turns out, our new doc isn't from Camp Dr. Oz, we just have a few hippy types at work and he/she(?) knows of a few "remedies."

LOL At those kinds of ratios'.. the simple placebo effect would be stronger by.. 'about a billion'!
Ha I just noticed it was 'WITCH doctor :>)

More likely the other way round - placebo is the only thing homeopathy genuinely has going for it. So the more mumbo jumbo ritual surrounding the preparation, the stronger the placebo.

That's how I am. I'm no anti-vaccer or anything. I just feel like a dumpster fire every time I've had a flu shot, so I don't bother. That's what an immune system is for, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, that's why the jab is only really needed if your immune system is weakened and flu could lead to complications.

More likely the other way round - placebo is the only thing homeopathy genuinely has going for it. So the more mumbo jumbo ritual surrounding the preparation, the stronger the placebo.
Unfortunately for the fucking clowns who are duped by homeopathy they also tend to be more vulnerable to the "nocebo" effect - which I suppose cancels out the benefits of the placebo.

I can't understand why homeopathy is even legal - it is basically fraud.

A favourite sketch of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGIbOGu8q0

This one too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SavsJYXWgm8

Back