Wiring Mbox 2 to M-Audio DMP3

daChayce

I just bought a DMP3, and Im curious on how to wire it to my Mbox2 to get the best signal. I have looked at youtube videos and none seem to be helpful. I just want to know what wires I should buy to wire it properly.

I just bought a DMP3, and Im curious on how to wire it to my Mbox2 to get the best signal. I have looked at youtube videos and none seem to be helpful. I just want to know what wires I should buy to wire it properly.

Buy two TRS (aka "stereo") 1/4" jack cables. Take them from the line out of the DMP3 and into the line inputs on the mbox.

You will of course need two XLR cables to go into the DMP3 but I'm sure you knew that :D

I am interested in buying the dmp3 for my mbox2. I was wondering daChayce (or anyone else) if you could tell me how well it is working for ya so far? Do you need two trs and two xlr cables for just one mic? As well as how all does it work like what all do you have to do to get the best results? Sorry if any of these questions are simple but any info would be great since I am pretty new to recording. Thanks.

Yo Nicky! For only one mic, you need only one TRS-TRS and one XLR-XLR. But- the other channel will be lonely and will not forgive you.-Richie

Back