Wiring Diagram/Picture for Split Pickups

Editor

I'm rewiring my Strat Wannabee Mark II for the 38th time (hmmmm ... not much wood left to rout) & just want to be sure before the solder flows. Could someone point me to a site or post a pic (I'm pitiful when it comes to schematics) of what-goes-where from the pickup to the DPDT switch? Just a simple pic/diagram of 1 pickup to DPDT would be fine. I can take it from there.

The setup:

neck - Dimarzio humbucker (split)
middle - Dimarzio humbucker (split)
bridge - No-Name humbucker (not split)
5-way switch
volume pot
(no tone pot)

The Dimarzio's have red, white, black, green & ground (bare) wires.

I think I asked around here before & was given a site that shows the 'humbucking' setup (thanks!!!) but I need the 'splitting' details.

Just do what it shows in the Seymour Duncan diagram, but reverse the red and black wires (on DiMarzios, the red wire is the hot). You can leave out the "phase reversal" switch.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Sorry Light, I'm still having trouble following the Seymour Duncan diagram (the phase switch is confusing me).

What I need is the same sort of diagram but just showing the DPDT switch & the 4 wires + bare from the pickup if possible.

Editor said:
Sorry Light, I'm still having trouble following the Seymour Duncan diagram (the phase switch is confusing me).

What I need is the same sort of diagram but just showing the DPDT switch & the 4 wires + bare from the pickup if possible.

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this until now.

If you want to ditch the phase switch, just ground the green wire, and the black wire is your hot (but of course, on a Dimarzio, the RED wire is the hot, so swap the black and the red).

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back