Wireless Pedal Board

sikter

I built something and I don't know how to call it.
It's kind a pedal board or more like a rack remotely controlled from my guitars (Wireless connection).
There are two 3-ways switches taped to my guitars and they can control 4 functions like switching amps channels,
dirty pedal in front of amp, delay and similar pedals in loop.
This was meant to be great help for sound check but I found it very usefull for gigs too and I use it now all the time.
It's reallt a lot of fun.

Woah! What a great idea! Can you tell us more about how you rigged this up? I looked at your pictures... I'm not sure how one would rig this up wirelessly... no stompboxes on the floor in front of you?

I really dig that you made your board look like its part of a Marshall rig. Real touch of class there. Great job, man! :guitar:

My stomp pedals are inside the case! I implemented the LED lights too just to put the last touch to it.
I'm not sure if the lights are visible on the picture, I took it with my cellphone and there were a lot of spot lights from the ceiling on it.
The easiest way to explain this setup is following:
My pedal board is moved from the floor to the top of my amp.
Dirty pedal is connected in front, boost and delay to amps loop.
I use to start show using wireless system for guitar and I walk down from the stage to check up our sound.
After a while I bypass wireless system with ordinary lead but my effects are still wirelesly controled (even from my backup guitar).

I can always connect Wah pedal in front of everything which I do when I need it ( >>Cose Della Vita :))
The thing is that my loop pedals are connected by very short leads. That improved my sound a LOT!
Pedals inside the case can be controlled by switch board from the floor too, but I don't use it any more.
My right hand is alredy trained for new switches on the guitar. I think it took just a couple of days.

Listen, I know this is not easy to understand because it's really hard to explain considering my english.
If I ever make a video I'll let you know.
Here are two pictures from last night show:
jimu.jpg

jimmz.jpg

Man that's cool. Even though I still don't fully understand exactly what's going on.......which probably adds to the coolness of it all. :)

Got it on the video

I finally got it on the video. I made a new transmitter this time which is hidden under guitar potentiometer.

Now that looks like a very commercial kinda thing.
I too dont truly understand how its all done but it sure is quite and seamless.
See if you can get a big company intrested right after you have sent me the schematic.

Back