Wireless Mic for teaching Aerobics.

ambi

Hey all, it's been a long while since i've been around here. I've been teaching group fitness classes and our facility needs to invest in a wireless mic for the instructors.

Just something cheap and simple, but fairly durable and decent quality. I know the words cheap and quality don't go together, but the cheapest that is decent.

I've always hated behringer and they had a terrible rap when i used to linger around these forums, but maybe they've picked up some slack? Would a small behringer mixer be sufficient to route the mic into a stereo? There is a Cd player, a home stereo amp, and some crappy speakers. They will need some better speakers, they have these 3.5 inch driversi believe and tweeters, terrible speakers. So i would just route the cd player and the mic into the mixer and then into the amp?

So any suggestions on how to set this up and what would be good to pick up would be nice. We'd have to buy locally, so long and mcquade would be our best bet. So a few options would be nice just incase L&M can't get it.

I'm going to make another post in the speaker/monitoring section about which speakers would be good.

Thanks.

A Shure wireless system will work well and probably last. A Nady system will be cheap and may or may not last.

Innovations said:
Are you looking for headset or handheld?

looking for a headset.

I'll look in the prices of shure stuff.

would i need a mixing board for this? Only need the headset and the cd player, nothing else. nothing fancy. A mixing board seems kinda like overkill.

Back