WinXP - audio CD burning capability?

Brad

Hi folks,

Have a bit of a problem - a client is requesting that I burn his short demo onto one of those little business card CDs. "No problem" I say and get a few of those biz card discs. Problem is, my audio computer's CD-R drive does not read (and therefore, won't write to) those little buggers. My stand alone burner won't read or write to 'em either.

My other computer (not used for recording at all) has a CD burner that will write to the little CD-R's, but all I know is that I can write data. This guy wants audio.

Is there any program built into Windows XP that will do this for me? I can bring the .wav file out of my audio computer on a regular CD, load it into the other computer and then burn it...how?
I can't seem to find it... if "It" even exists.

If XP does not have anything like this, can someone point me to a free app that I can download?

Thanks,
Brad

The easiest way to do this on XP is to simply right click on the file icon and select "copy to Audio CD" this will bring up WMP and will tell you to put in a disk to use. then just click on record in the upper right corner of the WMP screen. Easy as pie.

Thanks mbuster! That was what I was looking for and it did the trick - I am just too lame to look for the obvious, I guess.

Brad

Be warned, Brad!

The built in audio buring ability in XP encodes the files to .wma using the windows media player! Ack! I don't know of any way around this, so go into your media player settings and set the record quailty as high as it can go. (192).

Enjoy. Er...yeah.

Chris

Back