Windows XP SP3 - Report Issues here!

well, i tried it.

twice.

both times I get an "access is denied" error halfway through. Then it uninstalls everything and sets me back to SP2. haha!

At the end of it all both times I got this message (hilarious, i know. haha.):

Attachments

• SP3 sucks.JPG
    SP3 sucks.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 151
well, i tried it.

twice.

both times I get an "access is denied" error halfway through. Then it uninstalls everything and sets me back to SP2. haha!

At the end of it all both times I got this message (hilarious, i know. haha.):

May whatever deity you prefer have mercy on your computer! :(

Updates, and more importantly, hotfixes. Not too important for a properly configured running machine, but makes a new build much faster.

Ive installed it on 3 computers with no issues so far. One of these is a test system for audio. Haven't had any issues as of yet. I believe the M-Audio driver install has a bug that makes it not work right if sp3 is installed. Maybe they fixed it.

i installed it about a month ago... only 2 minor issues... one of which may not be the service pack and none of it audio related (in the recording sense)

issue 1 for some reason the computer wont go into sleep mode if not attended as it should...

issue 2 maybe coincidence but about that time i started having problems with multimedia codecs... acts as if it loses it some how over time... likely unrelated... suspect it's a problem with every manufacturer disbelief that you could ever want anythin but theirs to work... and when you throw all kinds of media at it it farts and dies...

At the moment it won't install, and in fact you'll be lucky if Windows Update will let you DL it, if you have an AMD processer. Something to do with a bug it causes with AMD computers, where the computer would restart as soon as it boots into windows or something.

However this is just what I read a couple of weeks ago. Anyone with an AMD processor got it working? I have an AMD processor and it wouldn't even start downloading, it just hung at 'preparing for download'. All the other updates were fine.

At the moment it won't install, and in fact you'll be lucky if Windows Update will let you DL it, if you have an AMD processer. Something to do with a bug it causes with AMD computers, where the computer would restart as soon as it boots into windows or something.

However this is just what I read a couple of weeks ago. Anyone with an AMD processor got it working? I have an AMD processor and it wouldn't even start downloading, it just hung at 'preparing for download'. All the other updates were fine.

Works fine on my XP1800 and my Sempron 3400. The AMD issue is, supposedly, because of OEMs including drivers for Intel chips in their mass-produced images instead of the correct AMD ones. Although, it's a dubious claim, as people have reported suffering the isssue on Intel and Virtual machines too.

Well in that case, it just don't install on my computer. Every other update works fine. Which leads me to beleive that I don't want this POS on my computer anyway.

Well I just threw it on my Core 2 rig and it seems OK so far.
Firepod still works.
Reaper still works.
UAD cards still work.
Too early to tell if it's fixed my bsod probs though

Something to do with a bug it causes with AMD computers, where the computer would restart as soon as it boots into windows or something.

Anyone with an AMD processor got it working? I have an AMD processor and it wouldn't even start downloading, it just hung at 'preparing for download'. All the other updates were fine.

I downloaded the CD image on my dad's laptop (Intel) because he has hi speed and I still have slow/crap dail-up...I burt the image to cd and installed it on both of my machines on 5-14-08 and haven't noticed any problems yet...one machine is an Intel and the other AMD.

issue 1 for some reason the computer wont go into sleep mode if not attended as it should...

Do you have 2GB or more RAM? There may be a fix if you do. I had the same problem (started only a couple weeks ago), where standby wouldn't happen by itself and hibernation was broken.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...amp;amp;amp;amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en
or KB909095 on Microsoft's site.

I installed it (though I'm still running SP2 and hoped SP3 would take care of this anyway) and everything's great.

Back