Windows XP Home Service Pack 2 and Logic Audio Platinum v. 5.5.1 any problems???

pisces7378

My setup...

Machine: PC Pent IV. 2.4 gHz, 512 MB-DDR-RAM
Op. System: Windows XP Home Service Pack 2
Sequencer: Logic Audio Platinum v. 5.5.1
Interface: MOTU 828mkII FireWire (driver version 3.32 "the latest drivers")

Problem...

I have been huming along fine with Logic Audio Platinum and my MOTU 828mkII Firewire interface for over a year now. Then I got a little update reminder asking me to update Windows XP to service pack 2. I just blankly clicked on OK like I always do for Windows XP updates. But now I have a problem. As soon as I re-started and tried to pull up Logic Audio I got the following error message:

The Driver has reported a MOTU error 25.

Called from file uildwindowsFwaudioCueMixWindowsI_FWCoreIO.cpp line 47.

Driver file C:uildwindowsFWAUDIOfwdmmFireWireProvider.cpp 517 errCode 00000019.

I went back and checked my drivers (which turned out to be out-dated by one version.) So I un-installed the old MOTU drivers and downloaded and installed the new drivers... and it still produced the same message and just does not work at all.

So I e-mailed MOTU and they just, in true DUHHHHHH style, told me to go and update my drivers. Even though I already explained to them that I have. So while I wait on them to stop scratching their brown-eyes, does anyone here have a suggestion on what I should do to fix this? Or is there just a driver incompatability with the MOTU drivers and Win XP service pack two? I don't think that there is a Logic Audio/Win Xp issue, because the error message comes weather or not I have Logic booted up or not.

It seems to definitely be a MOTU/Win problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

What do you need SP2 for? I don't understand the point of it, when you can buy a router/firewall combo for $50 that protects you better.

A software firewall running on the same machine it's protecting is stupid. It's really not going to do much.

Just uninstall SP2, and use SP1.

Yeah...

I didn't know that it was so easy to un-install the Sevice Pack 2. I thought that it somehow intergrated seemlessly with XP. I went in and un-installed it, and the problems went away. Thanks guys!

Mike

Last edited:
Back