Windows Of The Soul

I remember hearing your stuff before, has that Uriah Heap vibe going. Maybe I would EQ some of the high end vocals back, just a little, maybe from the verb, not 100% certain, but it seems to have a high area that doesn't quite sound right. Talking very subtle. Maybe some slight roll off above the 10K.

That is about all I have. Good tune.

The high end on the reverb is noticeable to me on the snare and vocal, but I think overall the high end is very noticeable (cymbal crashes, guitars, vocals), so if that's the sound you're going for, you got it (Uriah Heep for sure, like David said). Bass volume can come up.

Cool song.
For me I hear everything except the crashes and reverb tails down the center. IF thats the sound your going for then you got it, but I think it add some depth to do a little more panning and stereo separation of the band.

You have a great voice for this too...fits the genre really well.

Thanks for listening. I went back and recorded the bass guitar over. I had some overtones I did not notice until I tried turning the bass up in the mix. The 12 string bass is a monster instrument and I and still getting used to playing. It does give quite a unique sound but one has to be careful not to ket the other strings vibrate. I got a much better track. Brought it up a bit and now it sounds more prominent. Also paid some attention to the stereo separation a bit and now I think the cymbals are a bit more pronounced.
Still left the reverb pretty much intact. I like the way it makes the overall drums sound.
WOW - Uriah Heep? I have not heard that comparison before. Cool

This sounded decent. But it would work better with a little fuller and more powerfull mix.

I think if you doubled the main rhythm guitar it would help fill out the song. You could probably also turn up the bass a little bit. The low end is a little quiet.

I agree with the mixing points on this...but I'd also add that a section of this song comes pretty much STRAIGHT out of opening of "Turned to Stone" by ELO.

It's even in the same key.

What's up with that?

The vox sounds pretty good; as does the guitar generally. They create a sort of "garage metal" vibe together.

The drums were pretty distracting to me to. They're pretty repetitive and have that drum-machine "sameiness" throughout.

You've got a great sounding voice and great control, but some of the notes sound flat to me, so maybe that was your intent.
The guitar playing is nice :)
Mix is hard on the ears at points. Too much high mids.
During the harder/faster part there's parts that are buried in the background.
Great sounding song. It does sound a LOT like Turned to Stone, though. Maybe change your main line a bit to distinguish.

Back