Windows 10

OK, I'm in. So far, so good! Have unchecked all the "steal my privacy, life and bandwith" settings, so here goes. So nice to be rid of Windows Schizophrenia 8.1

I'm celebrating by playing Abba's "Waterloo" in not-iTunes.:thumbs up:

:laughings:

Just finished upgrading my last computer, my music computer. Had an issue with the compatibility report not updating. After I replaced the graphics card, it just would update the report, so I did a force upgrade. I backup my system, then upgraded. I have to say, it was uneventful. So far after a few days, the only issue I have had was Jbridge gave me an error. Updated it, not everything works.

After turning off all of the tracking software, I would also go to the startup list and look to see what should be turned off. I found a couple of more items and disabled them.

I did a Win 10 with a clean install to a new SSD. Sony VAIO laptop, Presonus VSL interface and Presonus Studio One 3. No issues here, seems to be rock solid and I didn't tweak anything. Plugs seem to work OK - I have a couple VSTis that are over a decade old and they work fine.

It just happened to be the first thing in the iTunes folder.... god I've picked up some crap over the years. :D

I have a work laptop (with all my recording shit on it) and my home PC with all my recording shit on it. They're both running the same version of REAPER and I use the same ancient AI with both. I will try "upgrading" the work laptop to Win10 first. I'm running 8.1 at home and think its OK.

Linux distributions FTW.

Not unless you compile the code, and even after you have gone through the code and make sure there is nothing there. Android is Linux, I am pretty sure Google knows everywhere you browse and everywhere you go. Hard telling what else they know.

DOS is a real American OS. It is Taoist, though, and Taoists are only 3/4 American.

MSDOS 3.1 probably was pretty safe, since it didn't even have networking protocols. If you remember, Novell had to be added to get MSDOS/IBMDOS to network.

Not unless you compile the code, and even after you have gone through the code and make sure there is nothing there. Android is Linux, I am pretty sure Google knows everywhere you browse and everywhere you go. Hard telling what else they know.

Judging by your post, I'm pretty sure you don't have a good idea of what you're talking about...do you know how many lines of code are in Linux? Nearly 20 MILLION in the latest kernel release. You probably couldn't even understand what the code was doing unless you have a graduate degree in computer science lol. And yes Android is based off of the Linux kernel, but Google has 0 to do with Linux otherwise.

Back