Win 98 vs. NT

omnipotent

I've heard many people say that Win NT is better than Win 98.
Why? What are the advantages of running NT for audio? Is it more compatible with programs and CD burners and stuff? Does NT only work best in a network situation?
If you have any info please reply.

omnipotent,

I'll let you search the BBS for detailed answers, or just wait for Slackmaster to copy and paste one of his many replies on this very same question :), but here's my summary:

NT is more robust, more secure, and in general will crash less than Win98. NT is less compatible with applications and equipment than 98, but most stuff should work with it. The benefits of NT aren't only related to when it is networked. If you have never installed and used NT, then plan on taking some extra time learning how to configure and use it. It's not difficult to use, just different from Win98 in some configuration aspects.

another thing , if a piece of hardware or software wont run on NT , then its probably not quality anyway, so you dont want it.. all the good stuff will run on NT..

use the search in the upper right hand corner and youll find tons of arguments on this topic..

- eddie -

Back