William Onyeabor

robgreen

no face
I'd never heard of this guy before this weekend, but this old tune of his is currently rocking my world. Eight minutes of pretty much musical perfection (after the first 30 seconds of the video):

that tone throughout... :cool:

Lo-fi sound in the mix is very listenable. Listen to that bass hahaha. Wonderful. I love elbow room, and this mix gives me that. I like the tune a lot, too. Good find.

Lo-fi sound in the mix is very listenable. Listen to that bass hahaha. Wonderful. I love elbow room, and this mix gives me that. I like the tune a lot, too. Good find.

Glad you liked it. It's just all round great isn't it - right down to the phrasing of 'atomic bomb'

I'm almost reluctant to listen to anything else by him as it can surely only pale in comparison.

Ha, cool - that bass cracked me up too. Thanks for sharing that.
This might be a bit of a thread hijack, but here's some German Weirdness from about the same era - love these crazy 'avant garde' mixes. This one got me straight away - You might have heard this but just returning a favour.

Ha, cool - that bass cracked me up too. Thanks for sharing that.
This might be a bit of a thread hijack, but here's some German Weirdness from about the same era - love these crazy 'avant garde' mixes. This one got me straight away - You might have heard this but just returning a favour.

That's cool too. I never heard anything sounding like that coming out of Germany before. I guess you get preconditioned to thinking that experimental German stuff has to be in a Faust vein or something. Thanks for posting that Anders.

I came across these two photos of the man. How great are these:

0.jpg

William-Onyeabor-008.jpg

Back