will the tc electronic g major switch chanels on a mesa dual rec?

Yes, but don't use the MIDI input. I have a Dual Rec and the G Major and I switch channels using the relay switching. You use a stereo to two mono jacks for the job. Stereo end goes into the G Major switch jack and the other two go into the channel 1 and channel 3 jack on the back of the Mesa. Using the relays on the G Major, it switches all three channels.

It works like a charm. More documentation of this can be found on the TC Electronic website, which is where I learned how to do it.

Myriad_Rocker said:
Yes, but don't use the MIDI input. I have a Dual Rec and the G Major and I switch channels using the relay switching. You use a stereo to two mono jacks for the job. Stereo end goes into the G Major switch jack and the other two go into the channel 1 and channel 3 jack on the back of the Mesa. Using the relays on the G Major, it switches all three channels.

It works like a charm. More documentation of this can be found on the TC Electronic website, which is where I learned how to do it.

thanx! i'll go to the website

Myriad_Rocker said:

Not trying to hijack the thread but I also have a dual rec and I'm seriously thinking about getting the G-Major.. especially if it will do the switching... BUT if it has only two relays how can it switch three channels? In the way you describe wouldn't it just switch between 1 and 3? Also, certain effects are typically placed in front of the amp (flange, phaser, chorus,etc) how do they sound being placed in the loop? THanks

The link in my signature is to a good forum for all things Mesa/Boogie.
(Not the baby-kicking one)

Check it out....

Outlaws said:
Not if you want them to sound good. ;)

well that's good to know! its the age old question: Distort the Flange or Flange the Distortion :P It does make more sense to have them in the loop. Looks, like I might be getting the G-Major after all.. Kinda weird that its been out as long as it has (2001?) and they haven't released a newer model.. but then again if it aint broke.. Plus, I guess they don't really have any competition in that price range.

Back