Will the Motu 2408MKII work in a AMD athlon system?

wall of noise 9

I have a new system dedicated to recording. Problem is although Cubase 5.1 seems to load fine in this system it doesnt reconize the motu sound card

On the configuration process it appears to identify and work ok with the card but once you load up cubase and try to playback archived files/songs the card appears to do nothing. The external motu unit is just passive as well.

I know this motu system is not faulty becasue I had it in a slower speed Intel based system before

If it makes any difference the CPU is an athlon 1800+ on a SOYO board (via chipset) with DDR ram. The motherboard has a onboard sound chip but I disabled it in the BIOS

When I try to load cubase I get a MOTU pop up screen that indicates that the card is not working correctly and gives you the option to go to the control panel to check drivers. The driver is supposed to be working according to the driver info in the control panel

standard WAV files in windows also do not play back

Anyone been through this?? If so you help would be greatly appreciated

Hi wall of noise 9,

I think your problem is the via chipset. If you do a search
here and on other boards, you'll find others that have had
similar problems. I have a Motu 2408 MkII running on an
Intel system with no problems.

Mike

I agree with man@work. I also run a 2408 ona PIII coppermine with no problems. My first music computer was an AMD with a Via chipset and I went through SEVERAL soundcards and the only one I could get to run was an Echo Gina. The ones I had no luck with were The Yamaha DSP Factory, Alesis ADAT Edit and Creamware Pulsar.

Back