Will Aardvark soundcard work on new motherboards?

Howdy. I haven't been here in quite a while. Howzitgoin?

My motherboard is fried and I'm freakin out. I have an old eMachine PC (WinXP) and an Aark24 soundcard. Am I gonna have problems if I just put in a modern motherboard? Will the Aark24 drivers work? Will I be able to boot-up from my current hard drive? I'm scared here.

i think you are lucky it worked with any motherboard... worst piece of garbage i ever owned.

i think you are lucky it worked with any motherboard... worst piece of garbage i ever owned.
Bullshit. I have a Aardvark Q10-Pro. Very happy with it. Moved up from Terratec and Delta and the difference was simply amazing. In fact the only thing I am thinking of replacing with is one of the RME jobs or better.

To answer the OT. The answer is a tentative "yes". You will have to make sure that the new motherboard has the older type 32bit PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx). There are still manufacturers that produce motherboards that have both PCI and PCIe slots in them. I got a Gigabyte motherboard that has 3 PCIe and 3 PCI slots. Works just fine. One more thing. Since the company no longer exists, obviously there are no drivers for Windows versions past XP. Let me know if you need the driver and I'll send you the latest version.

Bullshit. I have a Aardvark Q10-Pro. Very happy with it. Moved up from Terratec and Delta and the difference was simply amazing. In fact the only thing I am thinking of replacing with is one of the RME jobs or better.

To answer the OT. The answer is a tentative "yes". You will have to make sure that the new motherboard has the older type 32bit PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx). There are still manufacturers that produce motherboards that have both PCI and PCIe slots in them. I got a Gigabyte motherboard that has 3 PCIe and 3 PCI slots. Works just fine. One more thing. Since the company no longer exists, obviously there are no drivers for Windows versions past XP. Let me know if you need the driver and I'll send you the latest version.

perhaps mine was fatally flawed from the get go... but as i recall i believed my biggest issues were related to half-assed buggy drivers that never got fixed as they went out of business, about a month after i bought the damned thing too:), but just the fact that they went out of business while m-audio is still rolling out delta's should prove the point.

Aardvark

Loved my Aarkdvark Q-10......I really wish i would have keep it :(

Listening back to old recording i can definitly tell what i used my Q-10 on.

while m-audio is still rolling out delta's should prove the point.
The only point that proves is that most people's ears are made of wood. Same reason why mp3s are so pervasive while no one looks at DVDA or SACD ;)

The other reason is, M-Audio would've gone under if they didn't merge with Digidesign who were looking to get into cheap hardware market.

Sure, my Aardvark driver crashes on rare occasions, but it sounds much better than anything M-Audio has put out. And at the time they had some of the most stable clocks on their AD converters.

As long as you are running XP or an older OS and have a PCI slot available, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Mine worked just fine. I gave it to a friend when I upgraded to an Aurora, and it continues to work just fine for him. I thought it was a decent piece of integrated hardware and software and quite easy to operate.

Back