Will a Blue Icicle work on Windows 8.1 with an AT2020?

AlexOverby

I got a random XLR-USB converter a while ago for my AT2020 and it didn't work with my Windows 8.1. The driver's file name even said "WIN95" on it. I posted a thread on here with a similar inquiry to this one, and I was recommended the Tascam US-322. I've been a lazy bum and STILL haven't gotten it -_-, but I'm going to pretty soon. Before I shell out the $100 though, I was wondering - if I purchased the Blue Icicle, would I be able to connect the AT2020'S XLR cable to it, and then connect the Icicle hear it, and have applications - lets say Dxtory - recognize it as a mic and hear my voice? My OS is Windows 8.1, however the Icicle does not say anything about 8.1 so I am unsure. (BTW I'm a huge noob at this kind of stuff xD) I plan to eventually upgrade to Windows 10 once it launches in a few days, however I will probably hold off on that until I am sure all of my important programs are compatible, so if anyone knows, does the Icicle work on any of the Win10 previews? Mainly just looking for 8.1 answers right now though.

Back