Wilkinson Tremolo's

Are ya lookin' at Carvins?

Hardtail. Just because tremelos can be a pain.

i've got a schecter strat copy with a wilkinson and locking tuners. i love it. of course i'm a tremolo kind of guy, so your personal preferences may vary.

as tremolos go i think wilkinson is one of the best (at least the non-locking variety).

ymmv

later...

If you need the trem, get the trem (and a Wilkinson is a fine option). If you don't need it, don't get it, `cause as has been said, they're a PITA.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

When I build tremolo guitars, I usually use a Wilkinson VS400, which is the fancy version of the VS100. I like them quite a lot, and Gotoh (who is making all the Wilkinson stuff these days) does a really good job with them.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

The Wilkinson is my favorite trem, period. I just wish you could buy a seven string version...

If you're on the fence, check out this thing: http://www.tremol-no.com. Full disclosure, I've known Kevan Geier for years and did beta testing for him, but the Tremol-no is a remarkably useful little gadget that gives you full floating trem action that, with the twist of a thumbscrew, can lock down and behave like a fixed bridge, with no routing or cosmetic modification. Once you get it dialed in you'll never know it's there.

Back