wii and firebox hookup??(volume low)?

If your Wii console does not have a firewire port then you can't hook up a Firebox to it.

Simple as that.

If you're trying to get audio from the Wii to your DAW (I'm not really sure if that's what you're getting at :confused:), the RCA/quarter inch adapters should do it. If the signal is low it's as simple as turning up the gain on your firebox.

As for the noise, Nintendo usually produces very good audio outputs as far as gaming consoles go so I doubt it's coming from that end.

If you're trying to hook the Wii up via firewire....even if it's possible I have no idea what you hope to gain by this. Unless Nintendo has updated the OS recently it serves no purpose in the DAW world...except maybe sampling things from it. There's are much easier ways to accomplish that task as well...

Thw Wii is going to only output consumer level audio at -10db, where the Firebox will be wanting professional level of +4. When a consumer level audio signal is used with the professional analog audio inputs, the audio may be inaudible as the level is too low, even if you make audio level adjustments. The audio may also contain an annoying hum.
The solution is to use a a converter to change the audio line level between -10 dBV and +4 dBu.

I'm aware of line level converters but I've never used one. What are the audible side effects (if any)?

AUDIO CONVERTER?? and am trying to send the wii audio to firebox to my speakers. the wii has the rca cables(white red ones) but i guess it is at consumer level

i noticed my speakers themselves have a unbalanced rca type jack......woud it be better just to try to hook it up directly?

It's worth a try.

Why not just get a home entertainment system, though? You can find a good amp/reciever and a set of decent half towers at radio shack for not-too-much.

I just don't see the point in altering your studio setup just for a gaming console...

^ agree the thing is am in a dorm, and i got my wii up here but and i got my wii using my computer monitor. so i was trying to route the sound to the firebox so i can here it through my speakers. Cause i really have come to enjoy listening to every thing on these speakers even movies.

Seems to be more trouble than it's worth. Eh well.

As Hard2Hear said, your best bet may be a converter...

Back