'wide awake'

:cool:

I liked that. Different but familliar, Dark but comfortable sounding. The only constructive criticism I can offer is that the vocals may be a bit too dynamic. They get so quiet I have turn it up and then they get uncomfortably loud.....but I liked the song. It reminded me of Rusted Root meets Alice in Chains. I dig it.

I was listening to this thinking it's got a really big 80's feel to it... Then I was checking out your site (sorry for snooping) and now I know why. :D I like the "has been" comment... haha. Man, your production is great, but that's coming from someone who doesn't know squat about it. :/ It's definitely dark, has a South American ethnic feel to it... and it's just filled with accents here and there--very nice touches.

Wow, nice bass sounds at the start....very big. I agree with trying to make the vocals a bit more even, and you might want to tame the bass a bit.....not take it away, but it is the loudest thing in the mix. Good song, with a great groove. Very few real issues, to my ears. Just a bit of tweaking.
Ed

this is an interesting piece from you dude, spooky. You got some great structures going on in there and layered pretty nice. I'd like to hear the strings not cut so abruptly, kinda fade out in the wind across the holes. The dark black silent canvas is just right paintin this arrangement on, with the clarity your gettin on the instruments. Peyote moon huh? :cool:
Does the snare sound a lil piccoloish?

Ken

zed10R-Thanks for listening man, I think i know what you mean about the varying levels on the vocs. ....the choruses in particular seem a bit loud to me as well. I like the comparison btw, thanks for that.

v6v6v6- :D .... :eek: :D .....damned them damn 80's, damn em all to hell. I guess it's hard to shake your roots......even when you try. Thanks for the nice words man. ...and you're welcome at my place anytime.

Dogman-I know exactly what you mean re: the bass. Im curious what youre listening on.... If you check back in here, i would appreciate that. It is a big bass..... and maybe a little too full. I might try slimming some of the low (around 50-70) to see if i can still keep the size without it being quite so round. ....thanks for listening man

Hey Toki, almost missed ya,
....by "not cut so abruptly", i take that to mean a softer slower attack and release? ..maybe not quite so prominent? ...hmmm. Yeah, that damned snare :confused: I havent found the snare in my arsenal that works perfectly here. Ive tried all kinds of processing, but ....it is the sound itself that is a little to pointed idnt it. ....I'll address that when ive got a good one to use. ....and as always, thanks a bunch man :)

Guernica said:
zed10R-Thanks for listening man, I think i know what you mean about the varying levels on the vocs. ....the choruses in particular seem a bit loud to me as well. I like the comparison btw, thanks for that.

v6v6v6- :D .... :eek: :D .....damned them damn 80's, damn em all to hell. I guess it's hard to shake your roots......even when you try. Thanks for the nice words man. ...and you're welcome at my place anytime.

Dogman-I know exactly what you mean re: the bass. Im curious what youre listening on.... If you check back in here, i would appreciate that. It is a big bass..... and maybe a little too full. I might try slimming some of the low (around 50-70) to see if i can still keep the size without it being quite so round. ....thanks for listening man

I have a 5.1 system that seems to give me lots of bass. It didn't distort, but was just very prominent.....took away from some of the other sounds. Not bad if that was what you were after, just my opinion from a listeners standpoint.
Ed

Guernica said:
Hey Toki, almost missed ya,
....by "not cut so abruptly", i take that to mean a softer slower attack and release? ..maybe not quite so prominent? ...hmmm. Yeah, that damned snare :confused: I havent found the snare in my arsenal that works perfectly here. Ive tried all kinds of processing, but ....it is the sound itself that is a little to pointed idnt it. ....I'll address that when ive got a good one to use. ....and as always, thanks a bunch man :)

ya that's it, a little softer attack and let them trail off more into that deep darkness.
I like that bass tone on the movement at the end, and the fingers. ;)

Very nice production. I like the acoustic gtr playing with the latin feel. The snare sounds just a little hot/bright to me.

Cool website.

Tim

Hi

I like the song. I like the bass, the guitars, the vocals and the overall feel of the song. As Tim mentioned, the snare sound could be improved.

Nice work, very original.

/Jack Real.

Back