Wicked Latency problem all of the sudden.

jrhager84

expert newb
I was just working on a project, and my latency went from 2ms in and 3 out to 11ms in and 18ms out, which is VERY noticeable. It's been bouncing around from 6-11ms for the last half hour. Tried reinstalling cubase, nothing. Installed presonus drivers, nothing. reset bios settings, nothing. I'm at a loss. when I switch to just the through for the 'studio, no latency (obviously). So I know it's in the box somewhere. I have tried finding firewire drivers (I have a Texas Instruments Firewire card *PCI-e*) Any ideas of what it could be? Thanks dudes,

-Joel

Not a thing. I was just playing back a song, and my ears got tired of it, so I switched projects. As soon as I did I noticed clicks and pops during playback. Also, when I enabled the monitor button on the guitar to track, there was easily a 11-33ms delay through the monitors....without any stimulus whatsoever. This is weird...

Try this page...

http://winhlp.com/?q=node/10

Run the script... it only works with Internet Explorer, btw. If you don't want to run the script, follow the instructions to do the fix manually.

This is a fix for a common problem where an IDE device gets switched from DMA mode to PIO mode, and everything on your system slows way down as a result.

Back