Wicked game

I think it sounds OK, but you need to make that vocal wetter...it is too uneffected now. Needs a really nice reverb on the vox. That would help this along.

This is pretty awesome for what it is. I didn't watch the video but if you get a hot ass girl like the original then you got something here.

I think the mix is great. The instruments are great and the vox is pretty tight. The accent is a nice different feel for this song.

I enjoyed it also. I thought the drums sounded to mechanical until I listened to the original and they sounded the same way.

Good job.

I don't know what it is but something sounds off in the chorus. theres a guitar in the background that almost sounds like a ride cymbal... maybe thats what i'm hearing, not sure. Overall it has a great sound! Maybe the vocals a little loud? I seem to think that a lot. It definitely took me back to forever ago! Thanks for posting.

Thank you for listening guys! I'll try to come
arround later to comment your comments!
Sikter!

Another Studio Angie work?
A good cover Sikter - the original is reverb drenched isn't it? The sanre is a bit odd - I know what you're after but it misses that mark a bit.
I have a colleague who sees this fellow every time he tours - & he does that almost annually & he goes outside with the band and talks withe fans for ages after each gig.
Is that you playing guitar? I just read the original post... good playing mate. Is it too late to replace the snare sample?

Good recording, and good performance. But, IMO, too direct a reading of the original. Except for your eastern European accent, it sounds pretty much like the original. I would have liked to hear something a bit innovative.

That was awesome...I liked everything about it.
All of the performances are top notch but, your bass player is def sick.......totally awesome.:D

I really like this. Honestly while I understand "vocals should be wetter" as another person suggested, be VERY careful with reverb, though honestly I'm terrible at it getting reverb right. The biggest problem with covers I think is that when you first hear the cover you kind of go "eeehhh" because it sounds different than what you remember when you heard the original, but once you get into it and accept that, in this case, you're not Chris Isaak, it's quite good. I'm actually working on a cover of this fairly soon, I'll be sure to make a thread for it here, it'll be interesting to hear two interpretations.

Cheers!
Gob

I just want to to re thank THEMUSICJUNKY, trumpino1, philter1, chili, thepersuit, rayC, stevieb, Jimtl, Bulls Hit, Joro and GoblinInventor
for their time.

I tried to add som more reverb on main vocal and it really helped but don't try to check it out because I
didn't upload it yet.

@rayC
I thought it was only sample of brush stick I had so I used it with som EQ on it.
It's never too late to replace it but I don't think I'll waste more time on this one.

sikter

I thought it was pretty good. The instrumentation seemed spot on the original and captured that haunting chamber sound, except the vocals were not in the chamber if you know what I mean. I may have to go back to the original, but I thought the vocals were wetter. Anyway, It sounded good overall. :D

Pretty nice version, very true to the original and I certainly don't mind that.
Some wicked low end you've got there on the kick. Performance and sound are very good. I was in a band once and we used to do this one, but in HIM's heavy version.
Nice work!

Pretty nice version, very true to the original and I certainly don't mind that.
Some wicked low end you've got there on the kick. Performance and sound are very good. I was in a band once and we used to do this one, but in HIM's heavy version.
Nice work!
I do this one with my current band but unfortunatelly guy from this mix doesn't live near by. I sing low parts and our female
vocalist sings high ones. It sounds like duet with Chris Rea and
Candice Night! We started to play this as an instrumental version. We played solo on the el. guitars and hammond.
Pretty cool though! Hammond gives something special to it.
I get better sound live because of the good tube amp i use.
The sound on this mix was simulated.
HIM version is really something. I like it a lot!

Yeah... I liked everything about this except the snare. It needs to be buried more if the sample can't be replaced or something. I think the problem is that it sounds so mechanical and fake while the rest of the instruments sound nice and acoustic-ish. Other than the snare sound, I thought this was really well done.

Back