WICKED GAME cover ♫♪♫♫

johnnymegabyte

I decided to record this extended version of Wicked Game, with a slight variation of the arrangement
I recorded the guitar and vocals live to a backing track Loop I made, and one take
This is the first vocals I have done in a very long time

The link is the main part of the song. WICKED GAME ----> SoundClick artist: Johnny Megabyte - Wicked Game
The extended version was 10:21 with more guitar solos tacked on, I didn't upload

• Guitar used was Ibanez Prestige 1570 in the #4 position
  • Zoom G5 processor (patch I found at Guitarpatches site)
  • Mic was a Shure SM7B
  • Drums were done with Drum Core Free. I have Drum Core 4 on pre-order
  • Bass was MIDI using Alex Schneider Electric Bass VSTi
  • Strings MIDI was ALPHA_RAY VSTi (Attack Strings)

Good job. Its one of my favorite songs from him. Listening to it a few things stuck out. Lead guitar is way too bright, and maybe too loud. Bass could come up. It is an important rhythm driver in this song and its just too low.

The drums need a little more variety, they never change.

The vocals are too bright and sound like the are clipping/distorted at times. Also, they are panned too far left and right. Sit those suckers right in the middle during the verses and then spread them out a little during the chorus.

Agree to Brut's comments above. I think the tempo may be too fast on this - sounds like you're rushing the vocals to keep up. Try retracking the vocals - the "I-I-I-I" parts are pitch-challenged. You mention MIDI strings, but I couldn't hear them at all.

Hmmm. I barely remember the song. Your drums are very machine sounding..robotic. The guitar playing is nice and smooth. Mix is pretty well put together except for the strings being really distant/voice being to up front. Voice is pitchy in some parts, but okay overall.

Back