Wich is better Behringer Xenyx 1204 USB vs Focusrite Scarlett 212 for home recording?

Liv You

So,i'm going to buy one of this two and i want to know wich is better,my first choice would be the Behringer but i want to hear other reviews!

The Behringer is a mixer that also has an A-to-D converter. The Scarlett is an audio interface, specifically made for home recording.

What are you getting the device for? If recording, how many separate tracks do you want to be able to record simultaneously?

Then the focusrite would probably be a better bet...i think its usb powered for portability and it has decent clean preamps..also the included suite of plugins are a step up from the usual DAW freebies...

The Focusrite will provide far better quality than the Xenyx mixer which has pre amps that get noisy as you turn them up, an EQ section that's next to useless and really limiting signal routing options. Count the knobs, faders and flashing lights you get for your money on the the Behringer mixer and it'll be obvious just how many corners had to be cut to include them for the money.

Then the focusrite would probably be a better bet...i think its usb powered for portability and it has decent clean preamps..also the included suite of plugins are a step up from the usual DAW freebies...

Whoa that's really cool about the usb-powered feature!! Had no idea. I had actually been looking at getting one of these for a more mobilized recording ability...Definitely an attractive feature :D

USB power is great when you "go mobile". My field interface is an M Audio Mobile Pre for the same reason--though I think I'd probably go with the Focusrite nowadays.

Back