why does hosa cable suck so bad?

I don’t really know but I’ve had a number of their crap cables go bad on me. My biggest problem has been they start making noise. I’m not gonna even bother trying to figure it out because I will not buy any of their cables again. I’ve got some Monster (only because they are available at my local GC) and a few Mogami cables and I’ve never had any problems with either brand.

Don't have much experience with Hosa but I do own quite a few of the "cable up" (I believe is the name) snakes you can get through musicians friend. I've got 4 of the 8 channel 1/4" to 1/4" snakes that I've owned for about 2 years with no problems what so ever. I also own 2 8 channel insert snakes that I've had no problems with.
I think if your just using them in your home studio and you leave them plugged in you should be alright. If your planning on doing lots of patching and repatching probably go for something a little nicer.
Just remember if you buy cheap you buy twice in most cases.

I've been using about thirty Hosa patch cables between my mixer, patchbay and outboard gear for two years without a single failure. I think if you treat them like they are delicate they'll do fine for you. No experience with their snakes.

rpe

Back