Why do some CD-R's not work in some players

ap

I've never burned a coaster. I use adaptec easy cd creator and have never had a problem playing them in any player. Today I burned some from a different manufacturer- at least I think it's different, more on that in a minute- and it played fine in my computer, my new DVD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW player, and my Sony car player which is about 4 years old. It did NOT play in the player at work which is at least 4 years old if not older.

I've used Imation and Office Depot branded CD-R's and never had a problem. The ones I bought yesterday and burned today, that didn't work, are also Office Depot branded, but look different than the ones I used to get. I just burned some Saturday the exact same way and they played at work fine.

older CD players laser systems were a lot more fiddly... sometimes certain brands of CD wont play back in them because they don't reflect the laser well enough. I've found Kodak Golds wonts play in my Personal CD Player, but will on the computer, where as dark blue bottom CDs like the Verbatims will play in the CD Player fine.

-Sbaitso

Back