Why am I getting pops, clicks, and/or dropouts using Sonar 4?

austexman

Hello my fellow bretherends, i've been getting pop/clicks/dropouts using my Sonar 4 with a MOTU 896HD. I disabled wireless network which seemed to help, at least i'm able to record now without it dropping out immediately. Any other settings anyone know of to ensure a smooth recording process???

Thank you all!

Peace

Scott

Generally pops, clicks, and dropouts are a sign that you are overtaxing your computer resources. The fact that unplugging your wireless adapter seems to help, would also tend to lead you in the same direction.

Raising your latency settings will help - unless you are using Input Monitoring or recording live MIDI. In those cases the higher latency will cause you other problems.

You should also optimize your system for audio. Things like disabling virus scanning software, and any other software that loads upon boot-up, or reducing/eliminating some of the visual effects included with Windows, and so on. There are several sites on the net with help in this area. Try Googling "Optimizing Windows for Audio."

Back