Who's your audience?

bmwerx

As a HomeRecordist, What kind of audience are you playing, writing or composing for? Who are the most likely groups or individuals wanting and liking your music. Is your music specific to geographic location? Age? Gender specific? Genre specific IE., rock, pop, classical, jazz, punk, fusion, Latin, Eastern EU, Asian, African or any other specific style or orientation?

Simply put, who is most inclined to like YOUR music?

It's a good question and I moved the thread to PrimeTime where it might get more responses.
(the feedback forum was the wrong place for it.)

I have to say, it is a good question and my only answer is, anyone who stumbles across it and finds something worth while. Best I can do.

Ha! My audience is much broader. Four cats and a dog, and whomever I can duct tape into my listening chair.

Judging by my whopping 2 followers on SoundCloud, I'd say there isn't much audience for my music :D

My dog isn't very impressed by my music. He does like it when I play high notes on an acoustic guitar though. My last dog would leave the room when I played and sang...

Ya know, my dog normally won't leave my side, but when I fire up the recording studio, he is out of the room. I use to make my kids listen to "my mix", they decided to get a life and move out. Guess that is one way to do it. Now, I just have my wife who I make listen, surely after 33 years, she wouldn't leave me for my bad music? :eek:

Judging by my whopping 2 followers on SoundCloud, I'd say there isn't much audience for my music :D

My dog isn't very impressed by my music. He does like it when I play high notes on an acoustic guitar though. My last dog would leave the room when I played and sang...

Now you have three

My chick is generally my only audience. She's convinced that I have talent, and continues to enable my delusions.

My chick is generally my only audience. She's convinced that I have talent, and continues to enable my delusions.
This; my wife and my dog. But the dog isn't allowed in the "studio" anymore since she crapped in there one time so she just gets to listen to me thrash about on the practice amp in the living room. :facepalm:

Back