Whoa! Why did this happen?

microchip

I am using Cakewalk Home Studio 2002. Within 3 of my songs I have several tracks that I added effects to via a plug-ins I installed or downloaded into my computer.

However, one day my computer crashed-bad:( but, I had a back up-good:)

However, when I restored all the info back into the computer, the tracks that I had changed using the plug-in effects would not play! (I saved my Cakewalk information by actually transferring all the individual audio tracks and work info to a CDR, not by doing a bundle back up).

In the visual area of Cakewalk I could see the clips where the tracks used to be, but there was no audio information in them and I could not find the clips anywhere on my back ups.

So, why did tracks that I didn't use a plug in effect on restore, and the ones I did use the plug-in effect on not restore??

I'm baffled! (And pissed).

-Micro

Thats odd...
If you saved the audio tracks to a CDR as backup something must have went wrong when you wrote them to CD. Where they all 16bit wave format files ??

James,

Thanks for the link, but Audio Finder comes with my Home Studio. And what makes this so weird is that it isn't like all the tracks to the each song are missing, just the ones I added effects to. For example, in one song I have 10 separate tracks, and 3 are missing the audio, and it was these three tracks that I added the effects to. The same goes for the missing tracks on the other songs.

And, the visual of what is supposed to be there in the clip is shown, but there is just no audio information for it.

But thanks for the suggestion!

Back