Who uses Yamaha HS80M monitors?

flamin-gitaur

I've been looking to get a pair of nearfields and after comparing 5 different monitors, seems like these were the best. Do any of you guys use the HS80M monitors? If so, how true are they?, Do they enhance bass,mid,hi's more than they should?

:D Yo Flaming string man:

If you heard the Yams, how did YOU like them? YOU is the important link to being happy with the sound they produce.

If you go to the Yamaha site, you will find some GOOD musicians who will tell you the monitors are great--of course they get paid for that or get free gear for 122 years. Man, would I love to get free gear for only 3 years!

There is a kind of money level with monitors. Not that MORE MONEY ALWAYS means BETTER; however, usually when you go over the median price for decent monitors, you usually get a better quality product. But, only your ears can really decide.

Here is my mode of monitors progression: Alesis I's=decent but nothing that would make me sing at 2 in the AM.

KRK passives: a good product better, much better than the Alesis.

Event SP8 passives= better than the KRKs.

Next step I think will be the Adam actives just out, I think they are Adam 7s and they run 1k at all of the vendors I checked.

Now Adam has a great rep. And, they cost about twice the price of the Events; so I'm thinking, from comments made by folks on this site, the Adam product is pretty decent. Don't know as I've never Heard them with my ears; but, I'm trusting the talent on this site as to their quality. Will find out if I buy a pair which I'll do, after the New Year.

Speaking of New Year, Have a frenetic first.

Green Hornet :cool:

Back