Who to go to for ADAT XT20 servicing in SFV?

I got a used XT20 a while back and it worked fine until last week when it stopped a couple times while recording and now shows "error 07" during playback (even though it plays back fine). Any recommendations for a place that can service it around the San Fernando Valley?

I would recommend buying a different one on ebay if it is bothering you... having someone even look at one of these things costs a fortune (I have some Tascam DA-38s, I know :))

cusebassman said:
I would recommend buying a different one on ebay if it is bothering you... having someone even look at one of these things costs a fortune (I have some Tascam DA-38s, I know :))

I may do that anyway, just to have a spare on hand. But I still want to find a service provider.

If it's just dirty heads, whaddya think it'll cost me?

There was a place called Adrian's,... [I think],... anyway,... a pro gear repair shop on Sherman Way between Topanga & Canoga Aves, in Canoga Park. It's been a while since I've been down there, though.:eek: ;)

brodgind said:
I just used these guy's. Great service.

3 adat's with severe issue's all repaired for $700. Yes it is the price of ebay Adat's. Yes they were ebay adat with issues!!! I use them for live recording.

Audio-Design/North Hollywood is not inexpensive, but they are thorough and bring your gear back up to new. I have no complaints, they've expertly repaired every ADAT that I've brought them (a bunch, all XT's!).

A Reel Person said:
There was a place called Adrian's,... [I think],... anyway,... a pro gear repair shop on Sherman Way between Topanga & Canoga Aves, in Canoga Park. It's been a while since I've been down there, though.:eek: ;)

Adrian's Pro Audio is still there on Sherman Way, within one block east of Canoga. He's a great repairman, can be costly, but there's not much he can't fix and if he can't, he's honest with you. My Tascam gear that has gone to him has come back great, no issues. Other repairplaces in L.A. are less expensive but quality varies.

Dont pay someone , fix it yourself. Its very easy. Usually one of two problems. Dirty heads or idler wheel needs replacement. Idler wheel very cheap 2 bucks.

Some problems are beyond the normal cleaning and idler wheel replacement. For some repairs, you have to take it in.

eh91311 said:
Some problems are beyond the normal cleaning and idler wheel replacement. For some repairs, you have to take it in.
I agree but an error 7 I believe is an idler wheel or a cleaning. Easy to try.

Back