Who lives in Canberra

240v

Super Perfectionist
Who lives here? I wanna know if there's any other Canberrans on the forums ^_^

My ex-girlfriend lives in Canberra... say hi to her if you see her, won't you...

Some people, crueller than I, would say that living in Canberra and having artistic aspirations are mutually exclusive concepts. Other people that is... I would never say that myself.

So, when will you be escaping to the big smoke? You're 13... another year or two and you can be free....

If I run/swim real fast I could as it is now am 16441 kilometers or 10,216 miles or 8877 nautical miles away!

My ex-girlfriend lives in Canberra... say hi to her if you see her, won't you...

Some people, crueller than I, would say that living in Canberra and having artistic aspirations are mutually exclusive concepts. Other people that is... I would never say that myself.

So, when will you be escaping to the big smoke? You're 13... another year or two and you can be free....

But you're 10 :P hahah. There's about 4 music stores in Canberra, and they're all fairly pricy. I do my small shopping (ie. Strings, capo) all on eBay!

Philosophically speaking, moresound is definitely Australian...

I'm well developed for my age. Started early. Even joined this site years before I was born. How's that for forward planning...

I'm well developed for my age. Started early. Even joined this site years before I was born. How's that for forward planning...

You're well prepared. Did you receive a Minimoog on your first birthday?

Something like that....

So, you're actually 13 right? Tell me about what gear you have? I didn't even own a guitar when I was 13... OK, so that's blown it, I'm not really 10...

I've just bought new monitors and so I've got a pair of Behringer Truth 2031A (8 inch) monitors I'll be looking to offload at a nominal price if you have a use for them and if you or a relative ever get to Sydney. Good starter monitors.

Something like that....

So, you're actually 13 right? Tell me about what gear you have? I didn't even own a guitar when I was 13... OK, so that's blown it, I'm not really 10...

I've just bought new monitors and so I've got a pair of Behringer Truth 2031A (8 inch) monitors I'll be looking to offload at a nominal price if you have a use for them and if you or a relative ever get to Sydney. Good starter monitors.

Yea, I'm actually 13. I'm in Year 9 at Lyneham High School (serach it up :P). I started with a cheap Ephiphone acoustic that my parents got me for Christmas. That got me started on guitar, I self taught myself completely, never taken any guitar lesson at all (besides YouTube). No one in my family is musical, so getting started was rather hard for me.

In 2010, my friends brother was selling his Squier Strat for $50 with an amp. I bought that thing with my 'pocket money'. The amp was total crap, but it was fine for the time because I was just starting out on electric. The guitar was good for a beginner guitar. One day, I was playing with a friend, went out to his pool, came back, and the amp decided to crap out on me. So, I was stuck without an amp for 2 months, and then I traveled to Japan (I'm half Japanese) at the end of 2011. At a music shop, they had a Vox Mini3 amp for Y10000 ($100), so I got that and hand carried it back to Australia.

I started to get into recording, so I started out with a trial version of Reaper and a Behringer UFO202. I got a few recordings from that thing, and then I fund raised and bought a M-Audio Fast Track. I also became interested in Studio One, so my parents said they'd pay half for my birthday. So I got Studio One Producer and a Fast Track, and taught myself to mix and master. It's nowhere near perfect, but I think it's fairly good considering I've only been into it for 5-6 months.

I got a guitar the other day from a local guitar shop, Pirana Music. They have their own brand of guitars, and I tried it out, it was awesome. Tesla VR-Nitro pickups, neck-thru mahogany, etc. It's an amazing guitar for the price. It's currently my avatar ^_^

So after all this self teaching, I was able to write songs well enough to make it into an EP and put it up on Bandcamp. I recorded at home, in my room. Here it is, if you're interested :)

So there you go, that's what I basically own :P. I even put it in chronological order :thumbs up:

I also own a lead. Two, in fact. And 10 Jazz III's!

Birds of a feather. ;)

I can't fathom and find it difficult to celebrate Christmas in the middle of the summer. That is what is keeping me from a full on ground assault of OZ.
Guess I'm just accustom to the New Hampshire weather pattern of 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding.

Birds of a feather. ;)

I can't fathom and find it difficult to celebrate Christmas in the middle of the summer. That is what is keeping me from a full on ground assault of OZ.
Guess I'm just accustom to the New Hampshire weather pattern of 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding.

Given that I've never actually lived anywhere where snow falls, all a winter Christmas would mean to me would be cold and misery... Summer Christmases are awesome.... you get to go to the beach, drink white wine in the sun (Google that last phrase) and bask in glorious blue skies and warmth...

Yea, I'm actually 13. I'm in Year 9 at Lyneham High School (serach it up :P). I started with a cheap Ephiphone acoustic that my parents got me for Christmas. That got me started on guitar, I self taught myself completely, never taken any guitar lesson at all (besides YouTube). No one in my family is musical, so getting started was rather hard for me.

In 2010, my friends brother was selling his Squier Strat for $50 with an amp. I bought that thing with my 'pocket money'. The amp was total crap, but it was fine for the time because I was just starting out on electric. The guitar was good for a beginner guitar. One day, I was playing with a friend, went out to his pool, came back, and the amp decided to crap out on me. So, I was stuck without an amp for 2 months, and then I traveled to Japan (I'm half Japanese) at the end of 2011. At a music shop, they had a Vox Mini3 amp for Y10000 ($100), so I got that and hand carried it back to Australia.

I started to get into recording, so I started out with a trial version of Reaper and a Behringer UFO202. I got a few recordings from that thing, and then I fund raised and bought a M-Audio Fast Track. I also became interested in Studio One, so my parents said they'd pay half for my birthday. So I got Studio One Producer and a Fast Track, and taught myself to mix and master. It's nowhere near perfect, but I think it's fairly good considering I've only been into it for 5-6 months.

I got a guitar the other day from a local guitar shop, Pirana Music. They have their own brand of guitars, and I tried it out, it was awesome. Tesla VR-Nitro pickups, neck-thru mahogany, etc. It's an amazing guitar for the price. It's currently my avatar ^_^

So after all this self teaching, I was able to write songs well enough to make it into an EP and put it up on Bandcamp. I recorded at home, in my room. Here it is, if you're interested :)

So there you go, that's what I basically own :P. I even put it in chronological order :thumbs up:

I also own a lead. Two, in fact. And 10 Jazz III's!

Cool stuff.. my first guitar cost $50 as well, money I earned not delivering pamphlets for the local Goodyear tyre place. I mean, I was supposed to deliver pamphlets and I probably did some, but largely my mate and I threw them away and got $5 for a couple of hours work. And when I had $50 I got a nylon string acoustic.

It's unbelievable what's open to you via the continuing advance of technology now compared to when I was a kid. Make the most of it - it's an awesome time to be a muso, even if you never "make it" as such...

I wish I could be 13 again!

I noticed that it said you were 10 the other day actually and looked at when you joined and I knew something wasn't right there haha

Back