who here has tried different versions of the MT-2?

FALKEN

I searched the googles but could not find the answer to this. There are 3 different versions of the Boss MT-2 Metal zone. has anyone directly compared these?

bee_1569213c.jpg

bee_1415432c.jpg

Drone-Bee.jpg

Each of the 3 versions is filled with a different type of bees. They all still produce that harsh droning buzz that MT-2 pedals are famous for. If you happen to be lucky enough to get one filled with African killer bees you will be able to play more aggressive styles of music.

I guess it's the same with the big muff. I have the giant green russian one with the switch that switches after you step OFF of it, instead of on it. Everyone says the "US version" is the best one but I disagree, the green one sounds better to me. was hoping to get opinions on the MT-2. I hate boss pedals in general but I am looking to get this tone now so....

I had a stock one and heavily modded one. The modded one was a little better, but overall that pedal just didn't ever get used.

I've had a Keeley modified MT-2 for years and love it. You can buy them pre-modded from keeley or you can send one to him to mod. I've never put it up against a proper tube based distortion but for the price it's incredibly aggressive and full sounding

Back