Who has the worst TONE?

I feel ya', and I'm feelin' the Tiny Tim, master of the ukelele.

Few musicians have been able to find their way onto the show that says- "You are a master of your craft".

You know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about.............------

Sponge-mo-phukkin'-Bob...

That's right.

I really hated Eric Clapton's muffled tone in the 90s, I don't know what the hell he was doing, but it was muffled and buzzy and sounded like a shitty amp (in my opinion). I really liked his sound in Cream, and With the bluesbreakers. But that's an older type of sound, and I learned to love the "crappiness" of older sound.

I know I'm going to sound like an idiot, but SRV's sound still gives me goosebumps, even after listening to him for so long, I just can't get tired of it. (Meaning, I absolutely love it).

I like Satriani's sound on the Flying in a Blue Dream, but it can get tiring if you listen to it too much.

Oh wait, I'm supposed to state who I hate.

I have to agree with who ever said Randy Rhoads' sound with Ozzy, that sound makes me cringe, I really don't understand how they could have thought that sounded good to anyone. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too thin for my liking.

As much as I love AC/DC, I was dissapointed with the guitar tones in Blow Up Your Video (yeah, I know, I know) ... but it was way too smooth, (and the drums sounded too "loose").

Who else ... hmmmmmmm

A lot of the SRV immitators have a very, how shall I say, offensive sound. Chris Duarte is TOO thin and pinchy, Kenny Wayne too dry ...

Can't think of any more right now ...

ok, wait, srv had imitators? i thought he himself was a master imitator. or are you talking about imitating tones? because i liked srv's tones, he that down, but for that style of playing i like listening to jimi or albert king to hear the originators. i don't know if anyone is aware of mark knopfler pre mtv, but he is subtle, stylish, melodic and had a fun strat tone. but then if you listen to jj cale, it sounds like knopfler got a lot from jj. the worst guitar tone i have heard has to be slash, or maybe that he can't really play, he certainly can pose and posture well, i mean he looks cool smoking a cigarette and holding a les paul, but man his playing sounds like ass. but alas, this is a guitar player forum, and if we stick to our reputations, we are the most opinionated and soooooooooooooo very amusing. opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. but for the money, my guitar tone is the absolute worst hands down over anything on this planet. vote for me, my tone sucks ass!!!:D

oh, by the way, it's alright to like sonic youth , mark knopfler, chuck berry,randy rhoads, and brian may, right? because by the way everything sounds, you either gotta like one thing or another. i like everything, as long as it has some passion to it.

Back