Who had troubles with the DSP24 driver dropping out of W2k? Also, damn n-track!

ola

I ran into the sam problem with my new computer and wondered if you still have that problem. I was thinking that it was an IRQ conflict but my crap mobo won't let me assign a unique IRQ to my soundcard.

And N-Track crashes after five minutes, both in 98 and 2000

This is what happens if you have an "off the shelf Dell"... Be warned.

Damn!

/Ola

Well, I'm not quite sure and the n-Track crashes don't give me much info. "The program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" bzzzzp It ran without problem on my last machine, which was a custom built machine.

It crashes both under 98 and 2000, and in a similar way, so I'm pretty sure there's a hardware conflict causing it. My money is on that it's because the soundcard shares IRQs with other devices and that they collide.

I tried all PCI slots and the card always shares IRQ with some other thing. No wonder though since this machine has built-in audio, video and network card...

Bummer

I'll try some other music SW and see what happens

Darn

IRQ

Ola,

Sometimes the IRQ can be set by changing jumpers on the card itself. Also go into CMOS and see if you can disable the audio there for the built-in card.

Also go into the control panel, devices, and find out what is confilicting before you start N-Track. Maybe you can disable the device that is confilicting with you card there. I think you can select to disable the item there.

Let me know.

Cards rarily have jumpers on them anymore, in the world of plug and play. Video cards sometimes for AGP mode. The BIOS idea is a good one JerryD. What about printer port, disable that to. My delta runs on IRQ 7 since freeing the printer IRQ.

I really doubt it's an IRQ problem, but you never know. I tried out N-Track a few weeks ago and it gave me an illegal operation in the first 4 or 5 mouse clicks. Not a stab against N-Track, I'm sure it's a fantastic program but it may have it's own particuliar quirks (don't they all).

Hmmm, I kind of solved the problem....I think.

N-Track(dual installations?)+C-Port+Dell(?)+ASIO2.0 is not a good combo.

I uninstalled n-Track on both OSes, uninstalled the soundcard in W2k, reinstalled the soundcard, w/o ASIO in W2k, reinstalled n-Track in W2k and now it works pretty darn well. The card still shows up on IRQ 10 sometimes and 9 other times so I'm not completly happy with the situation.

I don't know if the problem was from dual n-Track installations, n-Track+ASIO2.0 or something else. The few seconds I got to record before the above procedure, I got clicks and pops but they're gone now. Maybe it's simply the Hoontech ASIO drivers that aren't that good after all. Maybe n-Track doesn't support ASIO2.0 (come to think of it, I haven't read that it does). Maybe my computer is crap. Maybe I'm drunk (yep).

Now I only get cracks and pops during playback - but that's because my CD rack decided to fall down from the wall and smash my left monitor a while back:(

Maybe I can afford a new mobo and monitor soon. I just need to find a new job first...

Darn...

Thanks and goodnight

/Ola

Back