Which way to record/track?

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I am doing a 40 second infomercial just to screw around alittle bit. But If I want to portray the sound of a person singing in another room, should I:

a) Have them sing in the other room

-or-

b) Record them regularly and just bring down the track and/or add effects

Just curious! No big deal, but I am just experimenting with pro tools and photoshop!!!!!

I am doing a 40 second infomercial just to screw around alittle bit. But If I want to portray the sound of a person singing in another room, should I:

a) Have them sing in the other room

-or-

b) Record them regularly and just bring down the track and/or add effects

Just curious! No big deal, but I am just experimenting with pro tools and photoshop!!!!!

go with a)

a).

And then when you're done with the infomercial, if you want some real practice for the real world, pretend that the client walks in and says, "It's fantastic. But we need you to trim 10 seconds off of it and make a 30 second version of it also.

;)

G.

Thank you both!

I am at work and thinking about what I am going to get into when I get home, so you both saved me the time of doing an uneccesary recording. (Needless to say the Steelers/Titans game is tonight) I recently sparked an interest in surround sound movie tracks, effects, and commercials. It's just something to have fun with!!! Hey, maybe I'll do a small film one day with effects, but in the meantime I gotta start somewhere ........

I was once asked to produce some sound effects for a play . . . someone driving a car up a driveway, stopping, slamming the door, opening the backdoor and walking in.

I started scouring through various sound effects CDs for these sounds, wondering how I could string these all together realistically.

But then my brain said "why make things complicated when you don't need to?"

So I set up a mike, then hopped into the car, drove it out . . . then back, and went through the actions required . . . perfect!

Back