Which Studio Monitors & Headphones??

Blackwiz

In the future(hopefully near future), I plan on getting a Roland VS-2000CD or Korg 32 track workstation.

What studio pair monitors, a set of headphones and condenser mics should I get that aren't so expensive, but at the same time, great quality?? If you can, direct me to the link where I can buy them at.(Preferably at Guitarcenter.com, but others are fine).

Thanks

OneL

Last edited:
your right sorry I didnt really look. just ignore me lol.

for studio monitors entry level 200 dollar ones to look at are the Yorkvilles. I dont have em but im getting them in the next couple of days. I hear nothing but good things.

Blackwiz,

For headphones, I like the AKG 271 model. Closed, great sound and long-term wear comfort (they are very light even though they look big.)

For monitors on a budget, check out the Samson Resolv series. They generally don't get much respect compared to the other brands, but I have a set of Resolv 80a self-powered midfields that, for the money, certainly have both very accurate imaging and good sound (they double as mix monitors and as fronts in my Dolby surround system.)

Hope this is of use,
C.

For headphones, I like the AKG 271 model. Closed, great sound and long-term wear comfort (they are very light even though they look big.)

My AKG 271 is a nightmare to wear more than 60 minutes. Same says the people that has used them. But the sound is great and neutral enough to premix with.

Wish I found similar sets with the same neutral response but a lot better to wear.

In the future(hopefully near future), I plan on getting a Roland VS-2000CD or Korg 32 track workstation.

What studio pair monitors, a set of headphones and condenser mics should I get that aren't so expensive, but at the same time, great quality?? If you can, direct me to the link where I can buy them at.(Preferably at Guitarcenter.com, but others are fine).

Thanks

OneL

Could you be more specific as to what is not "so expensive?" I.e., what is the budget? I think you are better off if you can afford a subwoofer as a part of the system, if possible, so you can have some low end in the monitoring. If I were looking for monitors now, I'd start with the Blue Sky systems, which have the subwoofer integrated into the system. The full size system goes for $1800, but there is a scaled down version for around $1000.

An excellent headphone choice is the now-discontinued Sennheiser HD580 headphones which you can get for about $125 slightly used or still find here and there for about $160 new. The newer HD600 can be had for only a little more if you look carefully. But maybe those are too much?

Cheers,

Otto

Even the Senn HD280 pros are okay...
I'd get the Dynaudio 5" if you can, or maybe the Event TR8s if you can't.
Avoid a sub if you can, unless it comes with the set.
Blue Sky makes some great cheap monitors too.

Back