Which speaker for subkick mic?

drummerdude666

immature
Yamaha's subkick looks like an NS-10 speaker.....so i found this. A cheaper wannabe NS-10 made by studiospares. The info below is for the whole monitors, then the link below it shows you a bit more infor about the speaker i could be getting to use as a subkick.

I've used old amp speakers before and they've sounded crap. Should i use this wannabe NS-10 or by an NS-10 speaker? or what is the best speaker to use?

We're still talking nice and cheap here by the way ;)

Thanks guys as always :)

STUDIOSPARES SN10 NEARFIELD MONITORS PAIR

The Studiospares SN10 was inspired by the legendary Yamaha NS10 which became a standard within the studio industry. This version addresses the two improvements that studios thought appropriate, namely an extended bass response and the need for more output. The SN10 incorporates an 8 inch driver, not a 6.5 inch. It has a massive magnet which together with the increased size uprates the power output to 80 watts. The HF output is handled by a 1" soft domed tweeter driven by the crossover which operates at 3.2kHz. The cabinet is constructed from 19mm MDF and veneered in black. The front grille is removable. The sound is punchy and very close to the familiar NS10s. The stereo imagery is excellent and the top end is smooth. Should users manage to fry either of the speakers, it¹s nice to know that replacements only cost £22 + vat each. SN10 pair Code 248-000

http://www.studiospares.com/product...&SearchProductGroup=2&cid=&gid=2&hidden1=&p=2

Back