Which Soundcard?

Tharin2002

Hey all, need some opinions on which sound card will work best for me. I've been reading around on the board for awhile and have an idea of what I need but I wanted some people with experience with the actual equipment to provide some insight. I need something with 8 or more simultaneous channels, preferably with decent pre-amps built in... if not then maybe a seperate pre-amp/card setup would work... I'm on a budget of under a grand though. Right now I'm looking at the Aardvark Directpro Q10 and the Edirol DA-2496. The Q10 has 10 inputs, only 8 of which are really usable since I've got nothing with digital outs, and the Edirol has 8 inputs also. This is really bare minimum since I want to record bands in live settings. I've heard the Q10 has decent preamps but I've heard nothing about the Edirol. Any input you guys have or other suggestions would be great.

Tharin

Well, I'm obviously new to this stuff, and don't own either one, but the Aardvark Q10 will give you many more XLR preamps, which you will need, as well as onboard DSP effects processing.

Jed

Back