Which sound module is best?

What up? I suggest that when you get your midi problems worked out with the XP60 that you consider the Roland expansion cards. Can't the 60 hold 2 or 4 or something like that? It'll be a lot less of a learning curve than a new module i'd think. Cheaper and less connection problems in the end.

Do you have a zip drive and the full 32mb memory in your MPC?

I have found that having fulling loaded equipment and a good understanding of how the stuffworks is 10 times better than having a lot o stuff.

Lazi is right....but personally I would suggest getting something to go along with the xp60.You really don't want that, I think, to hold down everything.BTW there is NO best sound module in my opinion.

What do you want from a synth??so many options so little cash..
And that really depends on what type of music you want to do with it too. Go hit up www.sonicstate.com and look around, find something that sounds cool and see if they have it at your local music store then check it out. Don't be fooled by the "Only board you'll ever need!!" stuff.

On the midi controller thing, I'd keep your XP60 as the midi controller, no sense on buying a new one yet as that has some decent playability. Unless you want something with knobs for later on.

Sorry for the long post but, hope this helps....

J Negative

let me play...

devil's advocate for a minute...
I know that it is best to be wholly familiar with the equipment that you have, but in a lot of instances (i.e. some recent modules) the capabilities are more rewarding than older equipment. Don't get me wrong, I know that the 60 is a great board with a lot of potential, but a lot of sound modules (i.e. Proteus 2500, Roland XV 5050, Triton rack and Motif Rack to name a few) actually provide more voices of polyphony for richer, thicker sounds and overall more sound options. Don't byte my head off, I guess I am a bit of a gear junky...

-Humble-

Back